Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Talking points 5

They argue here that service learning enrich the learning of the students while serving people in society who need help. I think the ideas of  going into the community and extending education beyond the classroom walls is something that we struggle with as a country. We have started to focus so much on the idiviual that we have lost touch with what is truely important.

I think that if i had gotten out of the classroom more I would have been able to draw better connections more and really interanlized the information being taught to me. For example, this semester doin the actual Service Learning project was great, I got to see everything we learn in class unfold right infront of my eyes and was able to figure out how to deal with those situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment